Tuesday, August 4, 2009

A crazy ride!

So, I haven't scrapped even one time since my last post, it's been so crazy, I just can't get into it! I haven't even finished the baby boy book, and that baby boy is now over a month old and already into daycare! Part of the reason, I think, is that we are looking at buying a house. That house will have a room just for me and thinking about having a whole room has made it very difficult to work in my tiny space!
The whole house thing has been such a roller coaster ride, we have been trying to sign the buy/sell for nearly a month and still haven't gotten it. The weird thing is, it isn't even about selling the house, they want to sell, it's what to do with the money after the fact. So frustrating! I'm hoping that the last person will sign the buy/sell tomorrow. Keep us in your prayers for that!
Last Monday night, Randy hurt himself in open gym. At first we thought it was just a sprained ankle but we later found out there was a seperation in the growth plate. it didn't appear to be so bad at first, our doctor thought he would be out 4-5 weeks, but, yesterday I took him to the orthopedist (at our doctor's request) and though the diagnosis is the same, the treatment is not. He is now in a cast and will be for 4-6 weeks and he is looking at a 3 month recovery. Which takes him out of football completely this year, unless a miracle happens. I feel so terrible for him, he's worked all summer for football, and now it's gone. So far, he is dealing with it pretty well, but once football actually starts, I have a feeling we are in for a rough road! Again, please keep us, especially Randy, in your prayers for quick healing.
Last week was also 4-H fair week. A crazy time for a healthy kid, let alone a cripple (as we affectionately call him). He participated as much as he could, but certainly didn't get the most out of the week. Once again, he won the fishing trophy for his lovely pink and purple fishing pole. He also sold it in the silent auction for $350!!! That has helped the mood! One of his pigs did not make weight, we didn't even haul it up there, we do however, have a couple of people interested in buying, so he should recoup a small amount of his money. The other pig barely squeaked in, but earned a blue ribbon in it's weight class. Randy really wanted to participate in showmanship, it's his favorite part of 4-H, he hobbled out in the ring and actually did a fantastic job, even though he found his rhythm after the judge had chosen the finalists! That didn't make him very happy, but I am so proud of him for trying!
As for the weight loss, I am so happy to report that it is still going really well! Since my last post I have had 4 weigh ins'

+.2
-2.6
-3.6
-2
I believe I am down right at 20 pounds in 9 weeks, hard to say exactly since I didn't have a scale until week 5! I have gone down one pants size though! So, I am on my way to a healthier me! I still have a long ways to go, but so far, it hasn't been too hard!
So, there's the update! There's just one month until school starts now. It will be filled with the normal school shopping, hopefully one more camping trip and a series of trips to the orthopedist! Hopefully a house will be ours within that time as well! What a crazy life!

1 comment:

Tammy E. said...

It is a crazy ride, but so worth it. Hope Randy is still doing well.

And congrats on the weight loss! You go girl!