Wednesday, December 31, 2008

The year revisited

I cannot believe that today is the last day of 2008. It is scarey how fast the time goes by. A little sad, too.

So, at the beginning of 2008, I set some scrapbooking goals and since this is the last day of 2008, I guess I need to evaluate how I did. My goals were to create 300 pages and to finish 2007. I did not accomplish either! I failed, but not miserably, at least. I was able 200 pages, which is really pretty impressive since I think I only did 40 in 2007. I am also just about 4 pages from finishing 2007. I was really pretty much done with 2007 in the fall, but didn't print enough pictures for what I was doing, so, I printed the pictures but then didn't finish the pages. I also did some other projects which I didn't specify for goals like about 50 cards, some altered notebooks and jars for teachers gifts. So, even though I didn't accomplish everything I had hoped to do, I still feel pretty dang good about all I DID accomplish!

Obvioulsy, I need to re-evaluate and change up my goals a bit for 2009. So, I have decided that I will set my goals a bit lower. I am going to shoot for 200 full size pages, these can be 8 1/2 X 11 or 12 X 12. I also want to do 50 "mini" pages for my photo carousel, these are 4 X 6 (they are so much fun!), 50 cards and 5 altered items. I also want to finish the name books that I started LAST year! (yep, I started them in 2007, sad, I know), they are all cut and bound, I just need to embellish them. so, looking at this list now, maybe I didn't set my goals lower, they just may be a bit higher! But, I do think I can accomplish them, if all goes well with the year. Oh! I almost forgot! I also want to do better at keeping my blog updated, I want to actually take pictures of my finished projects and get them up here. Phew! That's a lot to do in 2009!

I wish you all a safe New Year's Eve. Please remember, don't drink and drive! Here's to a happy, healthy and productive 2009!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year to you and yours,Lynn! I can't wait to see all your completed projects this year!
Hugs,
Marsha